New York City ICE Detention Defense Lawyer
If Someone You Love Is Being Held in ICE Detention, Call Us Now for a Free Consultation
Immigrants may be arrested and detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Immigration detention usually occurs after a State arrest. Aliens are detained while the Immigration Courts process their case.
If you know someone who is currently being held in ICE Detention, do not wait to contact us for help. The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC can meet with you for a free and confidential consultation, sometimes the same day you call! Contact us at (917) 451-5173 or via our online message form.
Locating an Immigration Detainee
If someone you know has been detained, you can locate them using the ICE online detainee locater here. To search for the person you’re looking for, you’ll need to be prepared with some important identifying information:
- The detainee’s Alien Registration Number (located on all official immigration communications with the Alien) and their country of birth. Typically, the registration number is issued during the removal proceeding and it will be 8-9 digits long. If the number is 8 digits, add a zero in front of the number so the system recognizes it in a search.
- If you do not know the detainee’s Alien Registration number, you can try searching for them by first and last name. The spelling must be an exact match in order for this type of search to work. This option will also require you to identify the detainee’s country of birth.
If the person you are looking for has already been deported, or if they have been released into the community, your search will yield a “Not in Custody” result.
Please note that if the detainee is under the age of 18, you will not be able to search for them using the ICE’s online detainee locater system.
How Our ICE Detention Attorney Can Advocate for the Release of Your Loved One
After being detained by ICE, Immigrants are entitled to a Bond Hearing. It is at this point the Immigration Judge determines whether to grant release. The Immigration Judge also determines Bond, or how much collateral the Alien must put up to be released. The Bond guarantees the Alien’s appearances at future Immigration Court Hearings.
The Immigration Judge usually bases their Bond on the following:
- Flight Risk – how likely it is that the Alien will appear at all future Immigration Hearings. The lower the risk of flight, the lower the bond.
- Danger to the Community – what threat the Alien’s release would pose. The more severe the underlying crime, the greater danger to the community.
Our New York City ICE detention attorney represents clients in Bond Determination Hearings. We also help with Redetermination Hearings and Appeals.
In the event that release is not an option, we are prepared to represent Detained Aliens in their removal Hearings before the Immigration Courts. No matter what, after arrest and detention by ICE, you will need a skilled counselor and advocate on your side. Let our attorney take it from here.
Call for a Free and Confidential Consultation
If you have not yet been detained by ICE but fear you are at risk of being detained or arrested, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones. It starts by knowing your rights:
- You do not have to let any law enforcement officers into your home if they do not have a signed warrant from a judge.
- You do not have to answer any questions about your immigration status.
- You are entitled to ask law enforcement what agency they are with.
- You can ask to speak to your attorney before taking further action.
No matter what your situation entails, we are here to help protect and defend your immigration status in the US. Give us a call to learn more.