New York Attorney Enables Non-immigrants to Work in the United States

New York lawyer delivers advice on securing employment authorization documents

If you are in the United States on a temporary basis but wish to work, The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC can help you apply for the necessary permit available to those who do not have a work visa. Known officially as an employment authorization document, or EAD work permit, it’s available to asylum seekers, international students and aliens seeking an adjustment of status. It is a photo identification issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Law firm offering comprehensive counsel to nonimmigrant job seekers

I can help you with the filing of Form I-765, which starts a review that can take a few months. If your application is approved, your permit is issued with an expiration date. I can also assist if you already have a work permit that needs renewal. If you are seeking an adjustment in status, I may be able to help you combine this application with one for advance parole, which would allow you to exit and re-enter the United States.

New York Attorney Assists Clients with Employment-Based Immigration

Skilled lawyer based in the New York area helps businesses and workers obtain visas for U.S. employment

The United States is a nation of immigrants, and we continue to rely on the talents and industry of foreign-born workers for the innovation, research and development, and essential labor that helps our economy to thrive. If you are seeking permanent resident status in the United States based on an offer of employment, or if you are an employer wishing to sponsor a foreign worker, The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC can guide you through the process, which involves a complex set of regulations and procedures administered by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). I will be with you at each step, offering the advice and advocacy you need to accomplish your goals.


Skilled counselor assists immigrants and the national interest

Employment-based immigration is meant to benefit the immigrant, the employer and U.S. interests. U.S. policy attempts to balance the competing needs of attracting essential workers and ensuring that qualified American workers are not disadvantaged. The hopeful immigrant must craft a petition with that understanding. As an experienced Immigration attorney, I understand how the immigration system works and what elements are essential to a successful petition, which gives you an advantage in obtaining the job you seek.


Dedicated attorney helps U.S. companies fill their needs

I offer legal assistance with labor certification and petition filing, the first steps in the process that enables foreign nationals to work in the United States. My firm advises clients on required documentation, medical evaluations, and visa interviews in helping them to obtain employment-based immigrant visas, which are divided by categories of preference:

  • E1  — Priority workers, which includes persons of extraordinary ability, outstanding professors or researchers, and multinational managers and executives who’ve worked for U.S.-affiliated companies abroad
  • E2 — Professionals holding advanced degrees or those with exceptional ability
  • E3 — Skilled and unskilled workers and other professionals
  • E4 — Certain special immigrants, which includes a wide range of eligible employees such as religious ministers, workers in U.S. embassies abroad, and foreign nationals who assisted U.S. military personnel in war zones
  • E5 — Immigrant investors (foreign companies seeking to invest in new commercial operations in the United States)

I also assist foreign workers seeking temporary jobs by helping employers to file temporary (nonimmigrant) employment petitions with USCIS.
Misstatements on a petition can delay or derail your chance to work here, so it is important to seek guidance from an experienced immigration attorney. If you are a business owner seeking to fill a specific position or a foreign national seeking to advance your career in the United States, I offer comprehensive assistance throughout the employment-based immigration process.

Contact a knowledgeable immigration law firm for help with employment visas

The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC provides skilled representation to businesses and foreign workers who seek employment-based immigration visas. To schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney, call 917-477-7818 or contact me online. My office is located in New York.

Scroll to Top